Well, it's been a while but I have made my triumphant return to the blogging world. I'm happy to be back and to be sharing my thoughts with you all (all two of you who subscribe to this blog).
I have been eating some good and good-for-me things lately, as I've resolved this year to stop shoveling crap into my body via my mouth. I know that this is probably the most popular and improbable resolution every year, but hey, at least I'm giving it a shot. Will I end up in a grease-soaked cheese-and-meat-lover's pizza stupor on my couch after not having bathed for 4 days in about 6 weeks? Probably. But hey, for now the glimmer of hope is still there and I am able to fend off these thoughts by eating Subway and cooking grilled chicken on the Foreman every night.
Jeff has been surprisingly motivational in my quest for health. He's pushing me to stand up, move around, and flail my arms about more often, so I am at least more active than I once was. Jeff's running a 5K in March (lunatic) and he's been training for over a month. I think most of his drive comes from the fact that he's racing his two good friends, Andrew and John, and he's bound and determined to win at any cost. I honestly think that if a horrible catastrophe should strike and he twisted his ankle or broke his leg during the race, he would use his arms to pull his mangled, lifeless body across the finish line. I don't know if I've ever seen him this competitive. He's been training really hard lately, and he'll come in the house after a long workout, pull me into the bathroom and show me his arms in the mirror. He'll say:
"Look, you can almost see the definition underneath all the freckles!"
He's in an eternal battle with his freckles. This is the plight of the redhead.
I've been battling this newfound desire for weight loss and health recently, however, with copious amounts of beer. It isn't my fault. The Houston Texans are in the playoffs for the first time in franchise history and I will be DAMNED if I don't celebrate that. It doesn't help that Jeff think we need to get to the bar 2 hours before the game starts "to make sure we have a good seat." That two hours can only be filled with pints and pints of Shiner Bock. See, not my fault.
Another event causing excitement in my life right now is the new season of The Bachelor on ABC. If you watched the last season of The Bachelorette, you'll know, first, that it was the worst season in the show's history. You'll also know Ben Flajnik, the super-cute, laid-back, funny wine-maker that Bachelorette Ashley gave the boot in favor of other (less appealing) option J.P.
The premier was last week and offered a pretty good 2+ hours of unrelenting female psychosis, namely in the person of Jenna, blogger and "overanalyzer" extraordinaire. Man, this girl is a complete and total basket case. A large part of me feels for her; I'm sure it can't be easy to be surrounded by cameras that are waiting for you to do or say something ridiculous, but she just reaches for the stars and gives the audience a once-in-a-lifetime show. After completely fumbling her first face-to-face meeting with Ben, she heads into the house only to harp relentlessly on how terribly she screwed up. C'mon Jenna, it's okay to be nervous, just use it to your advantage and make yourself seem goofy and quirky. DO NOT turn on the water works or start a completely unnecessary and overexaggerated argument with another woman who is vastly more mentally stable than you. Every woman watching that show wanted to scream at her to not be "that girl." There's one every season. One girl who turns her complete insecurity into an unimaginable display of jealousy, confusion, and drama.
Jenna really blasted off last night, though, after telling Ben that's she's like a guy and "not, like, a girl." She then went and cried in bed until Ben found her and gave her the boot. Good job, Ben. Way to recognize the crazy when you see it weeping in front of you. Jenna then LOST IT after the rose ceremony in what can only be described as an apoplectic fit, crying, "Are you kidding me?!" over and over and over.
Man I love good reality tv. I feel incredibly validated that I didn't watch the National Championship game last night (mainly because we are broke and don't have cable and it wasn't broadcast on public television--THANKS ESPN.) and instead watched the second episode of The Bachelor. Thank you, Jenna and Blakely for validating my television choices.
No comments:
Post a Comment